Saturday, October 9, 2010

Personal Development Part I


Before embarking on my trip I was excited more than anything. I’ve had some experience traveling abroad, but never to Europe. I’m not very nervous about the culture shock aspect. I remember my first time traveling to Mexico as missionary, I was directed to get off on a stop that I wasn’t suppose to. I was lost for about five or six hours all alone and I didn’t feel comfortable with the language. I waited at a bus stop in a small town called Puerto Morelos and there were a lot of people who weren’t very nice looking. I hate to be judgmental, but I felt really scared. After that experience, I learned to adapt to the culture, language, and people. I’m excited to travel in a group on this trip because of the security provided from everyone, but I am a little nervous about not knowing the language. Another concern of mine is the recent terrorist attack warnings. My wife has reminded me of them everyday since we’ve heard. I know we’ll be safe if we stay together and not look too much like tourists. I’m excited for our discovery weekends and our visits. These are things that I may only do once in my lifetime so I plan to take full advantage of the opportunities. I really want to ask a lot of questions on our visits because I want them to remember Utah State University and the Jon M. Huntsman School of Business. We should leave a lasting impression of good etiquette and gratitude. I’m expecting to find out more about the different global industries that the companies we visit represent. As a student studying international business, it is difficult to imagine where I could end up, but getting an inside look at some of the best global companies in the world is definitely a good place to start. Europe is going to be the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment