Saturday, October 9, 2010

Cailler Chocolate Factory


I was expecting something totally different than what we experienced visiting Nestle’s Cailler Chocolate Factory. I was expecting to sit in a classroom type setting and listen to a speaker. What we got was so much better! We were able to go through an interactive chocolate history tour with sound effects and fancy lighting that was very interesting. We learned how chocolate originated in the Aztec culture and moved to Europe with the Spaniards. This was very interesting. I had heard this from serving my mission in Mexico, but I liked how they depicted it. I loved how we were able to see how one of their candies was made and at the end of the tour try as much chocolate as we wanted. My favorite chocolate was the milk chocolate. This marketing technique worked because we bought over 500 franks worth of chocolate as a group. I plan to bring it home to my wife and family so they can see for themselves how bad our chocolate is in Utah. All this was important to me because I was able to see how serious the European’s treated their long standing tradition of chocolate and their passion for others to share this vision.

No comments:

Post a Comment